About Dr. Susan Bard, MD
Our New York City dermatology clinic, under management of dermatologist in NYC Dr. Susan Bard and her team of experienced skin doctors provide a full range of medical and cosmetic procedures. You’ll find us in Midtown and on the Upper East Side on Park Avenue.
Top dermatologist Dr. Bard of Manhattan Dermatology in NYC is a native of New York City. She received her medical degree from the State University of New York – Downstate, where she graduated top of her class and was elected to the prestigious national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha.
Following medical school she completed an internship in internal medicine at The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City and a dermatology and cutaneous surgery residency at the University of Miami where she received extensive training in medical, pediatric, cosmetic and surgical dermatology.
Clinical Research in Dermatology
Dr. Susan Bard has actively participated in research projects at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School and has had many publications in peer reviewed journals. She continues to be updated on the latest in diagnostic and treatment for her patients. Dr. Susan Bard enjoys traveling and meeting new people and enjoys communicating with people of all backgrounds. She looks forward to meeting you!
Currently, Mohs micrographic surgery is the most effective technique for treating many basal cell carcinomas (BCCs) and squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs), the most common types of skin cancer. Leading dermatologist NYC mohs specialist Dr. Bard is an expert in Mohs micrographic surgery.
Internationally Recognized New York Dermatologist
Dr. Bard is among the best rated dermatologists in NYC, book author and contributor to a multiple industry top Dermatology citations.
NYC dermatology Specialist Dr. Bard has presented at several national conferences and has written numerous book chapters and articles published in many prominent peer-reviewed journals including:
- The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Archives of Dermatology
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Journal of Investigative Dermatology
Her professional interests include Mohs micrographic surgery, as well as cosmetic and laser procedures. Mohs dermatologist Dr. Bard has recently authored a textbook entitled “The Laser Treatment of Vascular Lesions”. Renowned specialists in laser medicine, mohs doctors including Dr. Bard have contributed their expertise, incorporating current evidence-based literature and their own personal treatment recommendations to a variety of both vascular and nonvascular lesions.
Dr. Bard, dermatology New York City specialist has a unique ability to set her patients at ease. Her warmth, compassion and delicate touch make her an ideal physician and surgeon for even the youngest or most apprehensive patient. As Dermatologist in NYC (often misspelled as dermatolagist or dermatogist), I want each of my patients to experience individualized care and to feel comfortable expressing how they feel to me.
Dr. Bard is licensed to practice medicine in the states:
- New York
- New Jersey
Specializing in the field of Dermatology, a leading NYC dermatologist Dr. Bard is prepared to care for patients with various skin, nail and hair disorders including acne, eczema, psoriasis, warts and skin cancer, among many others. Dr. Bard is working with a multidisciplinary team of doctors and other dermatologists (commonly misspelled as dermatolagists or dermatogists) to evaluate your condition and recommend the best course of treatment.
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Dr. Bard is affiliated with the best-performing hospitals (according to U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals 2020” guidebook) among 4500 hospitals in the country, offering the very best care a dermatologist near me can provide in Midtown, NY and Upper East Side, New York to every patient.
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Northwell Health North Shore LIJ
Dr. Bard is known as an expert dermatology specialist and a book author. Her work has been published in various scientific journals and recognized by New York City dermatologists and other Mohs doctors in the country for research and development.
- Memory B cells in common variable immunodeficiency: Clinical associations and sex differences (Clinical Immunology, 2008)
- S100-negative indeterminate cell histiocytosis in an African American child responsive to narrowband ultraviolet B. (Pediatric Dermatology, 2011)
- Capitalizing on Mechanisms of Skin Cancer Development? (Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2011)
- Do Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Prevent Melanoma? (Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2011)
- Early localized morphea mimicking an acquired port-wine stain (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2011)
- Severe respiratory syncytial virus infection complicating treatment for infantile hemangioma (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2011)
- Managing pediatric patients with psoriasis (American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, 2010)
- Excision and grafting of palmoplantar keratoderma (Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, 2009)
- Treatment of Facial Molluscum Contagiosum with Trichloroacetic Acid (Pediatric Dermatology, 2009)
- Eczematous Dermatitis in the Setting of Hyper-IgE Syndrome Successfully Treated With Omalizumab (JAMA Dermatology 2008)
Dr. Bard have won the respect and affection of many patients for her extensive knowledge, attention to the details, warm and caring manner.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with the one of the best rated NYC Dermatologist (Laser Cosmetic Dermatology of NYC), Dr. Bard ofplease contact our Midtown Manhattan office. We are now accept patients in all dermatology New York City locations including Midtown, Union Square Chelsea and the upper east side. She looks forward to meeting you!
In The Press
Call now to make an appointment with our award winning, board certified NYC Dermatology doctors regarding your health. We look forward to seeing you!book online now (212) 378-9987
(212) 427-8750 Manhattan Dermatology (Midtown) 51 East 25th Street Ste 411, NY 10010
(212) 889-2402 Manhattan Dermatology (Union Square) 55 W 17th St Ste 103, NY 10011