Susan Bard, M.D. is a board certified general and procedural dermatology specialist with the American Board of Dermatology and a fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery. As a top rated New York dermatologist, she provides treatment for a full range of dermatologic ailments, including acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, and warts.BOOK Appointment 5.0 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Dr. Susan Bard was very professional and courteous during my visit. She is an exceptional physician. Manhattan Specialty Care in the Press
About Dr. Susan Bard, M.D.
Our New York City dermatology clinic is led by Dr. Susan Bard and her team of experienced skin doctors offering patients the most advanced treatments and care in dermatology and aesthetics, earning them respect and recognition from the patients across the country as well as internationally. You’ll find us in Midtown and on the Upper East Side on Park Avenue.
Dr. Bard has been voted by her peers as a Castle Connolly Top Dermatologist as well as New York Super Doctors.
Dr. Bard is a native of New York City. She received her medical degree from the State University of New York – Downstate, where she graduated top of her class and was elected to the prestigious national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha.
Following medical school, she completed an internship in internal medicine at The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City and cutaneous surgery residency at the University of Miami, where she received extensive training in medical, pediatric, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology.
Clinical Research in Dermatology
Dr. Susan Bard has actively participated in research projects at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School and has had many publications in peer-reviewed journals. She continues to be updated on the latest in diagnostic and treatment for her patients.
Dr. Susan Bard enjoys traveling and meeting new people and enjoys communicating with people of all backgrounds. She looks forward to meeting you!
Internationally Recognized New York Dermatologist
Dr. Bard has presented at several national conferences and has written numerous book chapters and articles published in many prominent peer-reviewed journals, including:
- The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Archives of Dermatology
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Journal of Investigative Dermatology
Dr. Bard has a unique ability to set her patients at ease. Her warmth, compassion, and delicate touch make her an ideal physician and surgeon for even the youngest or most apprehensive patient.
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Northwell Health North Shore LIJ
- S100-negative indeterminate cell histiocytosis in an African American child responsive to narrowband ultraviolet B. (Pediatric Dermatology, 2011)
- Capitalizing on Mechanisms of Skin Cancer Development? (Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2011)
- Do Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Prevent Melanoma? (Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 2011)
- Early localized morphea mimicking an acquired port-wine stain (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2011)
- Severe respiratory syncytial virus infection complicating treatment for infantile hemangioma (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2011)
- Managing pediatric patients with psoriasis (American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, 2010)
- Excision and grafting of palmoplantar keratoderma (Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, 2009)
- Treatment of Facial Molluscum Contagiosum with Trichloroacetic Acid (Pediatric Dermatology, 2009)
- Eczematous Dermatitis in the Setting of Hyper-IgE Syndrome Successfully Treated With Omalizumab (JAMA Dermatology 2008)
For more information or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bard, please contact our office.
(212) 427-8750 Manhattan Dermatology (Midtown) 56 W 45th St, Ste 819, NY 10036
(212) 889-2402 Manhattan Dermatology (Union Square) 55 W 17th St, Ste 103, NY 10011